Sunday, November 14, 2010

One out, one to go!

After beginning the day feeling like she was going to die, twelve hours later Hannah checked out of the hospital!! She is now settled comfortably in the hotel and is looking forward to a night of uninterrupted sleep.


Much to Samuel's dismay, we had to leave him and Tom behind in the hospital. The "problem" is that he is feeling too well and doesn't think he needs to be in the hospital. The lab results confirm his progress. His creatinine this morning was........wait for it........1.1! That puts him in the normal range for people with two kidneys!

Samuel has had enough of the foley catheter. It is really bothering him and he wants it out - now! He is scheming of ways to bust out of the hospital. His nurse assured him today that the doctors will not let him leave before day #5.

We'll be doing our best to keep Samuel distracted for the next couple days. Grandpa Ed is doing his part by teaching Samuel how to play poker!

10 comments:

Vermont Designs said...

Just wonderful news from Texas. Thanks for updating the blog, Nancy. I laughed at the thought of Samuel learning to play poker - the family had better hide their savings!

Joanne Conchieri said...

Congratulations, Hannah!!! You have done great work.

Have a nice day!

Joanne C.

Marcie said...

Sleep well Hannah!! May our dear Lord help Samuel to be patient a little longer. Praise God for this marvelous kidney and the gracious donor.

Marcie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear Samuel is doing so well, I love the Cr level!! Praise the LORD!!!

I hope Hannah got a better night sleep at the hotel (the bed is SO much better at the hotel!!)


I can't wait to see you all again in VT!! It was one of the best weekends of my life, thanks for letting me come!!!

Nancy K

Anonymous said...

Hey Samuel,
Are you keeping up with omnibus? Nothing like taking your class with you Eh? So glad to hear everything is going well. Hang in there. See you when you return to Vermont!!!
Tim and the Albaughs

Christian said...

Samuel I love your spirit keep scheming if you are not already out. I am grateful to the Lord for what he has done for you, your sister Hannah and your whole family. I continue to pray for your recovery. Please invite me to your 1st basketball, football, soccer games if you play :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy, we want to wish you a Happy Birthday today. May the Lord bless and keep you in your new year! Is Samuel able to check out of the hospital for a birthday present?

Love, from the DeGraafs

Donna said...

I have cried tears of joy for your family every time I read the blog. It is fantastic news.God bless everyone who has helped to make this happen. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nancy!
Samuel hope you got your wish today and escaped from the hospital.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe...I've been wanting to check your blog for some time now and this evening I finally took the opportunity to see how you all were doing. To my surprise I saw that Samuel and Hannah had both had surgery. To read your wonderful story, orchestrated by an Awesome God, was touching. What a miracle when we think of the odds Samuel had against him. We are so happy for you. May God continue to bless you and strengthen you for His glory and praise. You will be remembered by many for the years you've been steadfast and trusting in a God who is sovereign and perfect. What a trial...what a story. God bless you all. Mitch and Gina
Happy Birthday Nancy!