Friday, January 29, 2010

It's Great to be Home!

Well, that was quite a start to the new year! Esther was in the hospital for 29 of the last 37 days. We pretty much missed January altogether. But we are home now and so happy to be here! It is as if Esther has come alive again. She is up and walking around, talking constantly, animated, happy, and in charge, as usual!

I, on the other hand, have collapsed into a pile in the recliner. I'd be up in bed, but it is much warmer downstairs. I had a long nap this afternoon, another one this evening, and I'm more than ready to head to bed for the night. Another day or two of lying low and I'll be back in the game.

It is SO good to be home!

6 comments:

Valarie Wilson said...

Yippee! Praising our Lord for seeing Esther, you and the whole family through this time.

There's no place like home:)

Hugs,
Valarie

Carol Bailey Floyd said...

Hooray! So glad to know that you two valiant women are home where you belong! Smiling in Ohio -- Carol

Anonymous said...

Oh I am SOOOOO happy to hear this!!!
I've been keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Noah and I are still heading to Charlotte every Friday morning, if there is an errand or transport or anything I can help out with on Fridays, please think of me to call on.

-Kelly

wm. christopher Cadmus said...

Hi Nancy, hope you have gotten rested. I think of you all every day. We hope and pray for you guys. I didn't know you could leave comments on a blog...all these newfangeled gadgets....Libby

haley corliss said...

well im glad that every thing isalright with easther ....
love one of your favorite daughters haley lol.......ps i miss you guy alot

Anna said...

this is the one blog i visit where i am thrilled NOT to see an update :).. means things are steady and reasonably well. glad to see you haven't posted since jan. 29th. let's hope all stays on an even, healthy keel for a while! until you post to announce a new kidney for samuel, of course! :) God bless, Anna thorburn