Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day 10....Happy New Year!

Yesterday, Samuel made it a full 24 hours without a fever or vomiting! His big excitement for the day was an ambulance ride to another hospital to have the PET scan. It is actually a mobile unit that is on a tractor trailer truck. It comes to the area once a week on Mondays and every other Tuesday. The Medical Center doesn’t have a place where the truck can be set up so it parks over at Fanny Allen Hospital, one town away. The whole outing took about 4 hours. The scan showed no sign of a bone infection. Praise the Lord!


For New Year’s Eve, he ate some food for the first time in many days and watched some fireworks from a hospital window. It was pretty exciting to see him sitting up for a few hours. Unfortunately, the fever and vomiting returned in the morning.

Samuel spent the first day of the New Year sleeping. He is back to not eating and is too weak to walk the halls. We pray that his body will use both the rest and the medicine to continue the healing process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BUD.........YOU MAY AT THIS POINT BE A LITLE TIRED OF ALL OF US, HOPEING AND EXPECTING YOU TO DO THIS THAT AND THE OTHER THING..........SAMUEL PETER YOU TAKE YOUR TIME...............THE TURTLE WILL ALWAYS WIN THE RACE........AND REMEMBER BUD, YOU'RE THE BOSS......IF SOMETHING DOES'NT SEEM RIGHT.....LET THEM KNOW.......BUD, AT THIS POINT I'AM SURE YOU COULD PASS THE MEDICAL BOARD EXAM IN ANY STATE..........AND HEY, PERHAPS SOME DAY YOU WILL???????????????....................MUCH LOVE AND NEVER ENDING PRAYERS........GODSPEED MY FRIEND------------PETE+++++++++++++

Diane N said...

Sam,
I think of you quite often during the day and pray for your complete recovery. I also want to share what I came across today during my daily reading.

"My father, even after I have tried and failed so often, thank You, for giving me a hope that this time I am going to make it, as I start again tackling the problems that await me today. Tough times never last, but tough people do - because You are with me. Amen
Hang in there Sam. Better days are coming.